This release features a lightning fast redesigned linking workflow which makes it easy to link to your existing posts and pages, an admin bar so you’re never more than a click away from your most-used dashboard pages, a streamlined writing interface that hides many of the seldom-used panels by default to create a simpler and less intimidating writing experience for new bloggers (visit Screen Options in the top right to get old panels back), and a refreshed blue admin scheme available for selection under your personal options.
There’s a bucket of candy for developers as well, including our new Post Formats support which makes it easy for themes to create portable tumblelogs with different styling for different types of posts, new CMS capabilities like archive pages for custom content types, a new Network Admin, an overhaul of the import and export system, and the ability to perform advanced taxonomy and custom fields queries.
With the 3.1 release, WordPress is more of a CMS than ever before. The only limit to what you can build is your imagination.
Some Features Include
- Internal Linking – Helps with WordPress SEO and links between post
- Admin Bar – Similar to the admin bar with WordPress.com Blogs
- Ajax Admin Screens – Smoother controls for the admin user interface
- Network Dashboard – For those with WP multi-site
- Better UI for searching/installing themes
- More Post Templates / Post Styles
- Advanced Taxonomy Queries (For Developers)
View Full List of Features